Spoiler alert: The #1 cause of aging skin is the sun — not time or genetics — just plain old UV exposure. If this is news to you, it’s time to rethink your approach to sunscreen, because if you aren’t applying sunscreen every day of the year like it’s a part of your wardrobe, you’re missing the boat on aging gracefully (aka slowly).
Aesthetics aside, the most important reason to wear sunscreen daily is to reduce your risk of developing skin cancer, of course. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and we are passionate about helping your skin look its best while maintaining its optimal health. This is precisely why we are so passionate about sunscreen. It not only helps you age more slowly, but it also helps prevent skin cancer, so it’s a double boost for your health and beauty, and how can you top that?
At Artisan’s, we want sunscreen to be such an integral part of your daily routine that you feel naked when you don’t apply it. Unfortunately, from all the sunburns we still see out there, many people have yet to embrace sunscreen as a daily beauty and wellness tool. Fortunately, it’s never too late to start! And best of all, we can help you reverse all that sun damage from yesteryear with clinically proven skin renewing technologies, from laser skin resurfacing to RF microneedling and beyond!
When in doubt, choose medical-grade solutions.
If you hate the idea of wearing sunscreen daily, you’re not wearing the right sunscreen. Today’s medical-grade formulations are downright dewy/glow-getting and packed with skin boosting antioxidants and other active ingredients to improve the radiance of your skin while shielding it from harmful UV rays. Here are a few of our favorite sunscreen products to consider:
- ZO® Skin Care has a sunscreen for every skin type, whether you prefer a powder formulation with color-enhancing pigments that offers buildable coverage or an SPF that doubles as a skin-perfecting primer with a matte finish.
- Epionce® Ultra Shield SPF 50 is a light, quick-absorbing formula packed with antioxidants that blends flawlessly under makeup without leaving a white residue on the skin. It’s also an Aesthetician’s Choice Award winner by Dermascope Magazine.
Enlist the experts to help reverse years of sun damage.
If you’re like most of the planet and have accrued years of sun damage from less-than-stellar sunscreen application habits, you’re in luck! Thanks to today’s amazing aesthetic technologies, we have several proven ways to reverse sun damage and literally stimulate new collagen and elastin so you can achieve a luminous, youthful complexion that lasts and lasts (providing you protect your investment with the daily application of sunscreen!). Here are just a few of our proven skin renewing treatments:
- Fractora RF microneedling
- Forma RF skin tightening
- Scarlet SRF non-surgical facelift and skin tightening for body
- Agnes RF for undereye bags, jowls, neck and cystic acne
- IPL Photofacial
- HydraFacial MD®
- PICO Genesis™ laser skin rejuvenation
- CO2 Laser skin resurfacing
- Chemical peels
Are you ready to discover the ideal skin treatments and sunscreen for your radiant complexion this spring? You’re in the right place! Learn more by calling us at 979-704-6879 or requesting a consultation online today!